LLB (Hons) Law
Why study Law at Abertay?
Keen to develop your evaluation skills and enhance your ability to interpret and explain complex information clearly? Eager to sharpen your reasoning and critical judgement? Ready for a career in a prestigious and rewarding profession? A law degree from Abertay awaits.
Law at Abertay explores the Scottish legal system and the building blocks of Scots law, neatly complemented with subjects from other disciplines. This approach helps you develop a view of the differing contexts in which law operates.
This Law degree:
- Enables graduates, on successful completion of postgraduate studies and a traineeship, to become Scottish solicitors.
- Is accredited by the Law Society of Scotland and the Faculty of Advocates.
- Offers extracurricular activities such as Mooting and pro-bono work.
You’ll also use the university’s moot room for debates and other exercises where you’ll present legal arguments. Work placement and single-term overseas study opportunities may be available in Year 3, with both opportunities designed to broaden your knowledge of the law and legal systems.
Abertay is widely regarded as THE place to come for high quality teaching. But don't take our word for it:
- UK University of the Year for Teaching Quality (The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021).
- Top 10 in the UK for Student Satisfaction with Teaching, Course and Feedback (Guardian University Guide 2021).
- UK Top 10 for Student Satisfaction (National Student Survey 2020).